Welcome to our blog...we hope to be pros at this in time to go to China so we can keep connected on the trip of a lifetime. Please see the end entry if you haven't been thanked for all the support over the last few years. Jenny
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

3 weeks and counting at the farm

Ok so what's been going on since gotcha day on July 12th you might ask...well we went over to our wonderful friends and travel companions the McKeeby's house just after that to celebrate with them and our social worker Amanda and her family. It was a special time to visit and let the kids play...and hard to leave I might add.


Elizabeth helped Shelby get "dressed for dinner"...doesn't she look fabulous!

This group shot didn't work out just as we would've liked...Sam really wanted to play on the swing/slide set.

Then after my last day of work on the 15th we headed off for our first solo trip. We started by stopping in Knoxville for a visit with the Sipes. It was such a good time. Tiffany took us to see the campus and wow it has changed so much. We ate at Calhouns on the river..yum, yum and then to play in the fountains...no bathing suit required.


I would like to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Connor Sipe...oh wait am I getting ahead of myself...look how cute they are though!!

We had fun playing on the tee...she needs a little work but her grandpa would've been proud of the effort!!

These were before church...she shocked me and went to the nursery with Connor...who knows when that will happen again...


Then we were off to North Carolina to see the Primms and Wards. It was a fun time. We went swimming, to the science museum, and had lots of good quality visiting time. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me or out enough but here are a few cute ones of Shelby and Avery!


When we got home we had a week to finish the house and it was time to load the pods. We wrapped that up and then we packed up to stay at Aunt Lauri's for a few nights before pulling out. Connor got his horse out to get her ready for the farm.

Fun in the sprinkler with Connor!


This is a painting of Shelby that is in the big open room at her new school. The artist said he aged her to about 5 so we will have to see if this is how she turns out. She is still adjusting to school...she really misses Ms.Dyeanne and all her friends...she still asks for Eddie, Maddie, Carson, Regan, Jeremiah, Clark, Rayce, and Ethan lots!!!

The house is started. We have plumbing lines in place and hope to have the foundation poured soon. Pictures to come! I'm still looking for a job...looks like I will have to take a break from my love of oncology for awhile so wish me luck. We are looking forward to Shelby's 3rd birthday on September 14th so look for those pictures too! Our next adventure will be to Phoenix in October to visit with our travel group from China. I know there will be 5 families there counting us so we are super excited...and I've never been there. Much love to all especially in Nashville we miss you bunches!!!

1 comment:

Amy Maze said...

all the kids at daycare miss her too! they ask for the "other shelby" all the time since they now have a "new shelby"! looks like you are staying busy!!

Still waiting for Shelby...

Our wait for Shelby began on September 13, 2005. We are now very close to being with our angel. We hope to travel in early 2009. This has been a journey filled with many highs and lows. I want to take this oppportunity to thank everyone who has stood by me and prayed for us. My mom-she has been on this roller coaster from the first informational meeting and we take turns keeping each other grounded, my family-my grandma who helped me have the best nursery ever and my LA gang-for not giving up that they will soon have another niece and cousin, friends-way to many to name but I'm going to try (and if I leave someone out don't fret we will call it a paper pregnancy moment)-Lauri (all the cards), the Wardskis, Jen., Lisa, Sheri, Tiffany, my Hillcrest UMC friends...always patiently letting me cry, vent, and forever guess at what China will do next, and last but not least my work family-I can't even begin to express how they have kept me lifted up...from Sally starting her hair bow collection, Chinese New Year celebrations, Sebrina always keeping up with the rumor queen and marking the days off as we get them, and finally all the cards and pick me ups left quietly on my desk at the most needed times. They always know when the end of the month comes (referral time) I need a shoulder and pep talk and never waiver in staying positive. So thank you all again for what you have done and all that I know you will do until we have "Shelby Marie from Tennessee" (from the famous ? my dad had for her in her quilt scrapbook "Shelby Marie are you really from Tennessee...you look Chinese to me")