Welcome to our blog...we hope to be pros at this in time to go to China so we can keep connected on the trip of a lifetime. Please see the end entry if you haven't been thanked for all the support over the last few years. Jenny

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A day late...

So what do I say about Friday...we survived!  The morning was rough again.  I got her out in the hall and we did laps up and down and up and down.  Don't know how many laps are in a mile but I think we got close.  It was early so we did sshh (finger to lip and everything) while we were walking.  Finally coaxed her back in the room with a banana.  It was a long day.  We hung out in our rooms until 3pm and then we got kicked out.  We had a choice to go for some more sight seeing but I didn't want to get us all hot and sweaty with a flight in front of us.  So several families went and hung out in an empty lounge.  That's when I broke the stickers out.  She enjoyed those for a good long while.  We finally headed to the airport and managed to get all 8 families through intact and with all the children counted for.  The flight went smoothly...after we got to leave...there was a man in the front of the plane who got escorted off by 2 Chinese policeman.  It took forever to get him off and several Chinese people were giving him there opinion while we waited on the police.  We think he threatened a flight attendant.  Shelby fell asleep about 20 minutes before we landed (she was really good on the flight and just wiggled trying to find a comfy spot...she likes to kick that leg up).  We got to the hotel and I swear we all heard angels singing.  It is night and day compared to our last city.  No honking is allowed, no motorcycles-so they aren't there to weave in and out, and not a lot of traffic because it was so late.  Well if you haven't guessed Shelby was wound up by the time we got to the room.  She had to check it all out-figured out how to turn the clock radio music on and off, made a few phone calls, and loved the big soft comfy bed (that's correct this hotel believes in mattresses!!!!!!).  So I gave her a snack and then it's off to bed right?  Wrong-the last 5 nights I've but her in the crib without much fuss at all but on Friday it was a different story.  She went a little crazy-now the part I liked about this is that I felt like when she was calling mamma she wanted me to get her out because she was reaching and climbing for me(the other times she's cried this out she isn't looking or reaching for me just kinda pushing away and wanting down).  So of course that lasted for about a second because I can't stand that.  I got her and put her in my bed (who won the bet on how long that would take?).  She didn't move just hung out there with me and went to sleep.  Now I really needed sleep after the last city but didn't get much because I was worried about her but she didn't fall out.  However I was so comfy that it didn't matter-baby girl next to me, soft bed, and air conditioning what else could I need?

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.

No comments:

Still waiting for Shelby...

Our wait for Shelby began on September 13, 2005. We are now very close to being with our angel. We hope to travel in early 2009. This has been a journey filled with many highs and lows. I want to take this oppportunity to thank everyone who has stood by me and prayed for us. My mom-she has been on this roller coaster from the first informational meeting and we take turns keeping each other grounded, my family-my grandma who helped me have the best nursery ever and my LA gang-for not giving up that they will soon have another niece and cousin, friends-way to many to name but I'm going to try (and if I leave someone out don't fret we will call it a paper pregnancy moment)-Lauri (all the cards), the Wardskis, Jen., Lisa, Sheri, Tiffany, my Hillcrest UMC friends...always patiently letting me cry, vent, and forever guess at what China will do next, and last but not least my work family-I can't even begin to express how they have kept me lifted up...from Sally starting her hair bow collection, Chinese New Year celebrations, Sebrina always keeping up with the rumor queen and marking the days off as we get them, and finally all the cards and pick me ups left quietly on my desk at the most needed times. They always know when the end of the month comes (referral time) I need a shoulder and pep talk and never waiver in staying positive. So thank you all again for what you have done and all that I know you will do until we have "Shelby Marie from Tennessee" (from the famous ? my dad had for her in her quilt scrapbook "Shelby Marie are you really from Tennessee...you look Chinese to me")