Welcome to our blog...we hope to be pros at this in time to go to China so we can keep connected on the trip of a lifetime. Please see the end entry if you haven't been thanked for all the support over the last few years. Jenny
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

FW: Low down on Beijing part 1


 

From: jmgsmg2009@live.com
To: donna.glenn.smg2009@blogger.com
Subject: Low down on Beijing part 1
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:40:07 -0500

So I had to many pictures to send one post for today so there should be one just after this one so keep reading...We started the day off with breakfast in the hotel (after a decent nights sleep).  It was good and strange-good-bacon, french toast, eggs strange-baked beans, fish, salad bar.  Then we were off to the Temple of Heaven (we were rear ended on the way but nothing a hundred people honking at us and an exchange of money couldn't fix).  The grounds and temples are beautiful.  Our guide Cindy gave us lots of historical details and that was nice.  Lots of people dancing and hanging out.  We then headed out to the Hutong Tour but we started that area by climbing a bell tower.  I'm impressed that we made it and it gives me hope that we will survive the Great Wall!  I included a picture of a fancy recycle bin for all my green friends...they are everywhere and come designed for the area.  Let me mention that driving here is insane...if you've ever been to New York they drive like perfect angels!  Don't forget to keep reading the next post for more details and pictures.

Bing™ finds low fares by predicting when to book. Try it now.

Bing™ finds low fares by predicting when to book. Try it now.

3 comments:

Renita said...

Love hearing about all the things you are getting to do. Makes us want to go back ! Keep the info coming - we are living vicariously through you right now.

Can't wait to hear how you like the Great Wall -and how far you make it up : )
Renita, Dave and girls

TheSipeFamily said...

Seriously- hy do I cry everyime I think about you two???Here I am crying at your blog. Lord help me when her photo flashes up. You have been so heavy on my heart since you left.....Right now I am thinking Ummm....It is 0936 in Beijing. Only one more day for Jenny- only 24 hours for me to see the final sweetness- thank tou Jesus....I love you so much and whoever reads this---I AM SOOO EXCITED/READYYY for SHELBY to BE in Tennessee!!!Luv u if u c this!!!

TheSipeFamily said...

FYI- sorry about the spelling errors- LOVE the purse you are carrying in the first photo...

Still waiting for Shelby...

Our wait for Shelby began on September 13, 2005. We are now very close to being with our angel. We hope to travel in early 2009. This has been a journey filled with many highs and lows. I want to take this oppportunity to thank everyone who has stood by me and prayed for us. My mom-she has been on this roller coaster from the first informational meeting and we take turns keeping each other grounded, my family-my grandma who helped me have the best nursery ever and my LA gang-for not giving up that they will soon have another niece and cousin, friends-way to many to name but I'm going to try (and if I leave someone out don't fret we will call it a paper pregnancy moment)-Lauri (all the cards), the Wardskis, Jen., Lisa, Sheri, Tiffany, my Hillcrest UMC friends...always patiently letting me cry, vent, and forever guess at what China will do next, and last but not least my work family-I can't even begin to express how they have kept me lifted up...from Sally starting her hair bow collection, Chinese New Year celebrations, Sebrina always keeping up with the rumor queen and marking the days off as we get them, and finally all the cards and pick me ups left quietly on my desk at the most needed times. They always know when the end of the month comes (referral time) I need a shoulder and pep talk and never waiver in staying positive. So thank you all again for what you have done and all that I know you will do until we have "Shelby Marie from Tennessee" (from the famous ? my dad had for her in her quilt scrapbook "Shelby Marie are you really from Tennessee...you look Chinese to me")